View Single Post
Old 07.07.2017, 09:38 AM   #666
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't buy mp3's man. I buy physical CD's, or I stream em w/ the subscription I'm already paying for. So let's see...

and...

nope. All of his albums are gone from Spotify. No 4:44.

I'm sure this is the greatest album of the history of music. But I'm not gonna condone this kind of thing. Y'know my dedication to Weezer and how unwavering it is? It's like that. I'm sorry, this is going to be like the Kanye thing. It's going to annoy you (more than it should) that I haven't heard it yet. But I'll hear it when Jay stops playing monopoly games and lets the consumer obtain this album (legally) how they choose.

Trust, if I heard it right now - it would be tainted with my annoyance at the decision of commerce. It's best I wait and hear it when I'm not annoyed.

Haha.. sorry, I've rankled you with my non-stop outshines I see

But honestly, your read on this is wrong. In fact, I'd be kinda pissed if you were to break your oath for 4:44 when you didn't break it for TLOP.

This album is dope and everything, but it's just nowhere near as good as TLOP. Nowhere. fucking. near. as good. Not even in the same universe. It's a good solid boom-bappy rap album. It's great even. But it's no TLOP. There's no transcendence happening, nothing challenging solincally, nothing musically adventurous. It's just Jay being the best version of Jay, which is a damn cool thing.

So, while it would be cool to hear your thoughts on this, it's not gonna stick in my craw like TLOP did. And again, if you weren't going to break the rules for TLOP, you definitely shouldn't break your rules for something less than TLOP. I'd be happy about you hearing 4:44, but the implicit diss to Kanye is what would REALLY stick in my craw if you did break down and listen.

So do your thing man. Physical cd will probably be out in a week anyway.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|