View Single Post
Old 06.28.2017, 02:59 PM   #21233
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

The Graduate

I'm too young to have seen it when it came out but can only imagine the excitement audiences must've felt when 1st seeing it. It's clearly of its time but never feels stuck in it, which I suppose is one of the criteria necessary for a film to qualify as truly great. And this is a truly great film.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

it really is. i think also boomers loved it for the wrong reasons (i only think, not "assert"). in that the end is very telling when you look at it in retrospective it's not "positive". so it's not like finding liberation, but rather, yo get what you want, and now...? ah ha ha ha. in a way it's like the boomers-- their idealist hippies turned into yuppies with empty lives. only here it doesn't get to the 80s-- just to the moment after the empty win

oh, maybe im a cynic. but i love the movie precisely because it shows there's no escape. at least not this way
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|