View Single Post
Old 06.25.2017, 12:14 PM   #21228
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

Amy, I love you. <3

She was kind of gross (her character, that is, not Amy herself) in this one, didn't you think?
But yeah, I love her too. Have you ever seen Doubt? Oh my god, she's in a habit throughout the entire film but I still need a cold shower after watching.

I initially gave this movie a fair amount of shit for both its grim violence and its highly stylized aesthetic, which I thought lacked purpose. But I have to admit, the movie has stuck with me. I've thought about it a lot since seeing it. So I think it must had a bit more to it than I assumed.

Also, Michael Shannon really killed it in this movie. I haven't read a single review that's been able to adequately capture the unassuming way in which his presence takes hold of the entire film, and becomes the focal point, but that's exactly what he does. He's the only real hero in the story (either story), and his performance was just gripping. Loved it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|