View Single Post
Old 06.15.2017, 10:14 AM   #21185
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
coincidentally I re-watched Deadpool over the weekend as well. I... love that movie. Mainly because it's rare that I comic book movie is so true to a comic book. Not a specific story or anything. I just mean they didn't say "well, we have to make Deadpool fit into a PG-13 box." They said "well, Deadpool in a movie should be like THIS" and just let it happen. As a big fan of the comics, I was super impressed w/ how accurate it felt. (So if you don't care for the movie, you certainly will hate the comics).

Ant-Man is an interesting entry in the MCU. It's basically a comedy, huh? I enjoyed it but mostly because I like Paul Rudd. I'm actually sort of amazed that they made a whole movie for Ant-Man. And that there will be a sequel. It almost seems like his part in Civil War could have been enough. So yeah. I liked it, but it's kind of unnecessary too. Shrug.

Yup. It's not my favorite, but I think Ryan Reynolds' depiction of Wade/Deadpool was one of the best ever for a comic book character. Maybe THE best.

It nailed Deadpool so well that now when I read Deadpool comics, I just plain hear Ryan Reynolds' voice. Seriously. And I don't dislike it, in fact, it feels like I finally know exactly how to read Deadpool so he doesn't sound like crazy Spider-Man! If that's not the mark of a great superhero performance, I'm not sure what is.

When I read the Joker after seeing Heath's version, I'm sad that the version in the comics is so much less textured and less genuinely threatening than Heath's undeniably god-fan-damn-tactic and definitive Joker. That was an example of the performance possibly being so unique that it kinda messes with the way you read the story, even though it was so fucking good.

Reynolds just nailed it. Nailed the hell out of it. You can tell he really loves the character, and you can tell he has read the fuck out of some Deadpool.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|