View Single Post
Old 06.14.2017, 08:39 AM   #21151
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
On average, I watch 30 mins of TV during dinner; binge-watch a TV show w/ wife on Friday night; one or two movies w/ wife on Saturday night; and MAYBE watch a show or movie on my own a night or two during the week. But that's rare. Movies and TV are lower on my list of hobbies and come after video games and comic books.

SO... maybe I don't know as much about the landscape of films.

But I guess I just don't see that smaller high-risk movies would get made more if like, Marvel stopped making movies. And I feel like I've seen some really well done awesome shit that wasn't about superheroes recently. Arrival was amazing for instance. Thought provoking. Well written. Is that not "small" enough or "high risk" enough? (again, not condescending - seriously clarifying).

I guess again - I just don't really see that superhero movies are really blocking the films from existing the you guys are claiming they are. Maybe I'm totally wrong. My brain just doesn't really see it that way. If you're really looking for small high-risk movies, I don't think WB is making those no matter what the Justice League is up to. Y'know?

They really are. Can you think of a period where film studios were so reliant on sequels, remakes and the rest than now?

It used to be sequels were diminishing returns for studios. From the horror movies like Nightmare on elm Street, even to the Superman films. Now they push three-all sequels so much and they make money why WOULD they try and make these other odd films?

All studios care about is is opening weekends and the film making a profit. Quality is dead to them.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|