View Single Post
Old 06.05.2017, 09:27 AM   #8548
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
One thing I fucking HATE hearing whether it be about Pep, Mourinho or any of the great managers out there is when people say "I could manage that team". Friend of mine said it last night and I damn near ripped his head off.

If you can't see what Pep did to that Barcelona team, or Ancelotti at Milan or the rest, then you're totally blind and no better at making judgement than the guy who watches football once in a blue moon.

Sure, there are some players out there you can back off and know they'll do the job. The obvious ones being Ramos, Ronaldo and Marcelo. However, when you have young players in your squad like Isco, Asensio or Varane who are still green and need fine tuning that's where Zidane has stepped up and shown how good of a manager he is already.

The improvement in those players over the last two seasons has been massive.

As fans we only really get to see what managers do in terms of signings, team selection and minor tactical tweeks. With the biggest teams that's probably the easiest part of their job, and one I dare say many of us could do just as effectively (on paper). What we miss is the relationship these great managers have with their players: their ability to gain the respect of superstars, manage egos. However much your friend may know about tactics, etc, he wouldn't now how to deal with an individual like Ronaldo, or be able to tell someone like Ramos something he won't want to hear and have him respect his decision. He'd be laughed out of the stadium. We've seen how even seasoned manages (like Moyes) have struggled to make that leap so a fan (however knowledgable) really wouldn't stand a chance.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|