View Single Post
Old 05.14.2017, 09:21 AM   #48742
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Re: Pisces Iscariot... My wife doesn't think it rocks enough.

It was always my favorite SPs album. I'm not sure why. That "Landslide" cover is hideous. But somehow, without all the pomp and fluff of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie, it felt more natural, even if it wasn't a proper "album."
At the time I was comparing everything to Nirvana though. Impossible thing to do, because nothing actually sounds like Nirvana, despite how much and how hard so many bands (the Pumpkins included) tried. But at least Pisces had the raw, jammy thing going for it. "Whir" and "Starla" were my favorite tracks. Still pales in comparison to Nirvana.
Pumpkins were like a weird goulash of stylistic tropes. They wanted to be Jane's Addiction and Nirvana and MBV and Sonic Youth and Boston and glam metal and Nine Inch Nails and Fleetwood Mac and the Beatles and the Cars and the Cure... oh, and later Radiohead... then NIN again. They made a lot of sense to me as a kid, but when I started to listen to some of the bands they were emulating, I was left with no use for them whatsoever.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|