View Single Post
Old 04.19.2017, 09:41 AM   #40227
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Man...it all happened so fast.

My girlfriend and I broke up, it started off well but then went ugly, but it's now calm again. We're still talking and stuff. It turns out she found a job after graduation. It's in Florida. It's nothing permanent, but something to just start building up a resume and credentials to be a Sign Language Interpreter. I don't understand, she hates the heat and the sun. Anyways....I'm happy for her, and I'm now so alone lol. I've been sleeping a lot and I have time off this week, so tomorrow I'm gonna drive to Colorado with my dog. Gonna take him on a little vacation to check out mountains, smoke some weed, and also check out an arcade there. I think my friend who moved to Salt Lake City might meet me up there too...so that'd be cool.

Hey. Couldn't help but read this.

I'm ... uh... I'm actually going through something similar. I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet but my girlfriend of almost a decade is leaving on a soul searching mission of sorts. It's not a breakup, per se, but she is hopping into an RV and venturing out west, and I am, well, not. It's not a surprise or anything. I've known for some time that this was her plan, but like a good guy, I've been swallowing my feelings and not burping them back up. This has of course given me a nasty case of romantic and existential indigestion, and I've been growing increasingly nervous and sullen and depressed as the days/weeks/months pass. She's not yet sure when she's leaving, but she really wants to do this, and I can't say I blame her much after the professional life she's lead (social work was fulfilling, working in a hospital kind of killed her spirit and failed to pay what she was worth, and now she's working for a land-processing -- pipeline building, fracking -- pile of shit behemoth company that pays well but makes her hate herself), so I can see the need to escape. I'm just not in any position to do so myself, and to top it all off, I enjoy my creature comforts too much.

Our situations may be somewhat (or a lot) different if you and your ex are fresh out of college, but if that's the case, look on the bright side... you have a lot of life ahead of you. Me, I'm getting older and more curmudgeonly and less interested in people, so I can't imagine I'll have much luck finding a suitable companion (aside from my own animals) to fill the void. I also live in a tiny ass town where pickins' is slim to say the least.

Enough about me though. I just wanted to say I feel you dawg. Or, rather, I can empathize. And I wish you the best. Don't listen to Broken Social Scene or Built to Spill or Modest Mouse (not even good Modest Mouse... actually, especially not good Modest Mouse). I recommend jubilant hip-hop and emotionless electronic music, coupled with 50-hour work weeks and an HBO Go subscription.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|