View Single Post
Old 04.16.2017, 02:33 PM   #412
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Just skimmed through it, but I was already familiar with the issue some black women on Twitter have with the song/video before you linked me to the article, I just preferred to ignore it. They already lashed at Kendrick before for being in a relationship with a lightskin woman, although he's been with her since his highschool days. They just come across as angry and bitter for no reason to me.

Of course, if they paid more attention to Kendrick's lyrics, they would've known he said:

Sorry I didn't mean to insinuate that you hadn't read it, or that you weren't aware of the issue.. I hope it didn't sound like that's what I was saying

I was just very surprised to see that even the author of the article essentially comes out and labels Kendrick as a mysoginist, even if he implies that Kendrick is not the biggest offender. I found that pretty fucking shocking!

Anyway, I didn't know anyone lashed out at Kendrick for being with a "light-skinned" girl. Jesus. How is that any different from the conceptions of racial purity that the KKK and "Aryan Nation" and Third Reich championed? What the fuck is that all about?

I know people are mad at Kanye for dating "white girls," but that's a little different. Totally unacceptable still, but somewhat understandable. This is different. And gross.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|