View Single Post
Old 03.12.2017, 10:06 AM   #8116
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Barca's only worry now is that they could blow it through over confidence whereas, as you say, Bayern haven't been properly tested yet, so won't really know how good they are. But key players in both teams know what it takes to win the cL so I'd say neither side are in much danger of freezing.

Sad to see Xabi Alonso retiring. What a great great player. Massively underrated. It feels like he's always been overshadowed by Pirlo in terms of broader recognition but quite honestly, I prefer Alonso just because I think he had more to his game - espcially defensively. Either way he's never had a team built around him the way Pirlo has, but then it could be argued that Pirlo's never had to deal with the competition (in terms of teammates) that Alonso has.

Lahm's clearly one of the greats of his generation but when Pep started tinkering with his position I think he lost a lot of his potency. Not that he wasn't fine in other positions (and versatility is a great virtue in itself) but I wonder if his status won't suffer in the future as experts fail to agree on what his 'true' position was. (Surely Right Back, but I've heard people talking about him as a more natural Left Back, so who knows?)

The other massive retirement, although it's not quite official yet is Totti. Never the greatest player but an absolute icon who would've achieved so much more if he'd left Roma for Real but would've also probably lost some of his mystique. The ultimate one club player.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|