View Single Post
Old 02.23.2017, 01:48 PM   #20716
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

but okay, i get that maybe you see the fakery so much that you can't feel it anymore. fair enough. that shit can happen. especially after countless immitations and repetitions wear it out.

It's not that they're fake it's that the style is perhaps too explicit in its references to old newsreel footage, old Burt Lancaster movies, etc. It's a bit too 'knowing'. Like I said in my last post, a bit too in love with movie history. But seriously, I don't want any of this to sound like I'm criticising the film cos I'm not. Raging Bull has a beauty that no other Scorsese movie comes close to. Not just visually but for its pathos - however brutal. It's beautiful in the way Ford could be beautiful. Turning monsters into almost Shakespearean myths.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|