View Single Post
Old 01.14.2017, 06:30 PM   #4463
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

My father is a huge Updike fan. He's read the entire "Rabbit" collection multiple times. Normally, I like to distance myself from my father when it comes to literature of choice (obsessed with the Algonquin Round Table and James Thurber/New Yorker society, he's become quite the insufferable cosmopolitan know-it-all, to the extreme chagrin of all those closest to him) but I've been in a bit of a "great American novel" kind of mood lately, so I let him talk me into this.

I really want to read Moby Dick, but I heard somewhere (probably here, or, actually, from my fucking father) that no one under the age of forty is capable of truly understanding that book, and for some goddamn reason that stuck with me.

So Updike it is.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|