View Single Post
Old 01.09.2017, 10:02 AM   #20428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

To Rome With Love

Another one of Woody Allen's Euro-comedies that, while enjoyable, are always a little too picture postcard in their depiction of Europe. European tourist boards should employ him to do their ad campaigns. Saying that, so should New York's.

i missed replying to this and yes-- "cute".his forays into europe are always from a rich white american perspective-- maybe under the influence of henry james or something? but it's always that---never henry miller, starving. hence the particular look, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hah, ok, I'll allow it! yes, you're absolutely right.

But now I kind of have less respect than I did before for the movie, which bums me out a bit.
why less respect? someone had to bring that story to the screen and salingers only public activity in his late days was filing copyright lawsuits. plus, what was transgressive in the 50s is nothing today and as a period piece it would be a bit shit. eg cant be complaining that people are"flitty". so it was really a great way to do all that---have the older brother instead of the rommate fuck the girl, the mental illness goes to the dad instead of the mom, etc. i think it was awesome if anything precisely for that.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|