View Single Post
Old 01.05.2017, 06:18 PM   #48442
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'll trade my CD of Alien Lanes with someone.

---

BEATLES FOR SALE is a notch below the predecessor HARD DAY's NIGHT, their first masterpiece. HELP! is their second

RUBBER gets by on atmosphere, but there are some real stinkers on there when it comes to actual tunes.

BTW, for the life of me I've never understood the conjunction of RUBBER and REVOLVER. They are often treated as twins. Even George is some doc or other says he feels they're connected. I can't hear it.

Anyway, almost everything after Revolver is a hangover. Strawberry was recorded shortly after Revolver, and they should've quit right then, artistically speaking. Pity.

back on the fucking Beatles again: yes, Rubber Soul has a lot of stinkers. I consider it overrated and the end of something and Revolver being the beginning of something completely fresh.

what would the world be like without Penny Lane, Lucy in the Sky, Help from Friends, A Day in the Life, Walrus, Hey Bulldog, Across the Universe, All you Need, It's all too Much( which would've made a great b-side to Helter Skelter), Revolution, The White Album, Let it Be(naked), Abby Road?

that's crazy good music. I never skip any song on the White Album because listening to it has always been like some ritual or prayer. I have to make time these days to make it all the way through. I skip through Pepper sometimes and I even like When im 64. it's one of those 'pothead' albums like Dark Side of the Moon that you have to hear ripping bong hits. it's still trippy even today.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|