View Single Post
Old 12.30.2016, 12:47 PM   #20317
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hah, I wrote up a reply thinking you were referring to Drive with the "American rag-rah" and Hollywood clichés comment. I was like, wow you must have watched it a LOT in 5 years if all you're seeing is clichés in that movie. Haha.

But then I realized you were taking about Die Hard and I totally get it. I haven't watched that movie in at least a decade. It's become too pasteurized by pop-culture references and *wink-wink* ironic "my favorite movie of all time" nonsense to have any enduring kick. I probably won't watch it again for another 10 years if ever, but I still think it's a classic.

Re: Alvin Lucier - Yep, I know the one. It's called "I Am Sitting in a Room" and I think it's an apt analogy for a movie like Die Hard. But not for Drive

o yeah. i liked DRIVE and have defended it here as a beautiful, glossy, arthouse action movie. voyeuristic and great. so well done.

as for die hard yeah. the resonant frequencies cluster up. america good, european bad, yippee ki yey mother fucker, etc. etc. gets awful.

BUT it's technically a christmas movie so you can sneak it in past the OTHER, worse shit, like, um, too many to name (most recently, krampus).

btw, semi-watching batman w/ the penguin at the moment. the tim burton one. hard not to see frank reynolds anymore ha ha ha.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|