View Single Post
Old 11.14.2016, 08:47 PM   #1775
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wow, that's interesting. the ACLU is reputed for being such a bastion of liberalism that rush limbaugh would call his enemies "card-carrying member of the ACLU" back in the 90s. then of course democrats haven't been very big on civil liberties in recent times, with the continuation of domestic espionage, etc., so i understand the flight to libertarianism from that perspective.

so i'm guessing you're a disgruntled liberal instead of republican? or none of the above?

anyway, this got me reading reason.com and i found a bunch of interesting articles about the election-- some against hillary, some against trump, etc. fun stuff to read right now.
I consider myself socially liberal, fiscally conservative. I agree we need to have a lot of change happen, but I disagree with how we'd pay for it. I'd prefer we scaled back the foreign policy spending long before we should scale back the welfare spending. I wish we'd more effectively spend the taxes we already collect than just keep collecting more and waste it just as badly. I don't believe in "free college" or "free healthcare" and know that those get paid one way or another by taxpayers. We'd have a sticker shock at first, but over time, we'd grow used to paying for those types of things gradually and collectively.