View Single Post
Old 11.14.2016, 10:28 AM   #1768
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
I won't deny, me, Michael specifically, don't deserve as much as other states that had 3rd party voters. Florida, for example. That said, there still are people blaming 3rd party voting for losses in some places, and I don't think it's as warranted as they want to think. So I sort of spoke for all 3rd party votes that voted for someone other than voted against someone else out of spite.
well actually if you look at the 3rd party voters they seem to have drained a lot more from trump than they did from clinton.

here in new mexico, particularly, where gary johnson was governor once upon a time, hillary got 48%, trump 40%, and johnson 9% (his highest result nationally i believe).

so if you believe that most libertarians tend to be disgruntled republicans, trump could have beaten hillary without johnson. not that all 9% would have gone his way. but yeah, likely closer. and those razor-thin margins that trump used to win could have been bigger without johnson (hypothetically anyway).

IN ANY CASE, i'm not as sore at 3rd party voters as severian was, and i think his reaction was momentarily brought by despair. i sure didn't want trump to win but always thought of it as a possibility-- i was "ready".

i do have a question for you though, because i'm curious--

you voted for johnson knowing full well he wouldn't win, so i assume that you like libertarian ideals. if that's the case-- do you stay active and follow the libertarians and support them the rest of the year, next year, etc? dor do you throw them your vote once, and then do it again 4 years? this is not a trick question btw ha ha ha-- i'm really curious. i'd like to see 3rd parties grow into more of a serious thing but don't see it happening right now. so maybe it's happening and i don't know.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|