View Single Post
Old 11.13.2016, 08:46 PM   #1765
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
who called her what where? i haven't seen any of that here

as for bernie winning, i just can't believe it. the u.s. is a center-right country. people don't expect government to create jobs. spooking away industries and millionaires with threats of taxation would do nothing for the economy--they'd just move elsewhere.

lol i sound like a supply-side economist but no. of course companies need to be taxed, but "tax the rich" isn't a winning platform in the united states. it can be too easily countered as "an attack on job creators." already happened with obama. americans in general don't really envy the rich. so that platform is a dead end.

the way to create good jobs in today's global economy is to have highly skilled workers, not to race to the bottom on taxation and education. look at silicon valley-- it's expensive, it's in a high-tax area, but it continues to be an economic engine because it attracts and support the most capable people and it's serviced/surrounded by top-level universities. is any politician talking about worker training? improving education? matching skills with industry needs? i don't think so. a pity. a waste. foolish.

anyway the bernie/hillary discussion continues (in a way) within the democratic party and that's what matters now. who will take the reins of the DNC and in what direction will they take it? will it be an establishment person or will it be a change agent? it's a huuuuuuuuuge debate right now and that's what we should be focusing on now. picking the right leader.

some people are saying "you can't do this during a funeral" but in india people get cremated right away so let's do that & mourn the dead candidacy of what could have been our first woman president and let's consider that in 2018 the democrats will be defending a lot of house seats and they have way fewer state legislatures so let's drop the ashes into the ganges and get to work.

way back at the beginning of this thread i posted some studies from a teixeira guy talking about reconnecting the democrats with the workers-- also let's not forget the rural people and see about rebuilding the grassroots. too much liberal elitism has alienated the democratic party from huge chunks of the country. this needs to fucking change.

listen the podcast of this morning's "meet the press" for more of that-- it was a pretty good show. (or if you have good internet watch it on the nbc app)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|