View Single Post
Old 11.13.2016, 07:16 PM   #1761
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I just want to interject something here, without pointing fingers or casting blame...

While I think discussing where she may have faltered is important and necessary, I think it is inappropriate to insult or condemn Hillary Clinton. For all of her faults, the truth is that she is the woman who put her entire life and everything she had into fighting the man we're all so afraid of in the most public and direct way possible. She has suffered countless indignities for her efforts -- she has been called a "cow," a "cunt," a "bitch" and worse by Trump's supporters and countless others, but she didn't let it phase her. She was without question the most qualified and tested candidate for the job, and I don't believe anyone should blame her for knowing that about herself, being proud of that, and fighting like hell to take this monstrosity on.

It's fine to question her methods. It's fine to think it should have been someone else. But ultimately, it wasn't someone else. It was her. And she deserves respect, if only for her commitment to keeping Trump where he belonged.

She is a human being. She has known plenty of struggle in her life, and it's disrespectful to insult her for overcoming obstacles and building a name and career for herself. And again, she deserves respect simply for fighting this fight, and being the last line of defense between us and him.

Just my two cents. Not singling anyone out. Just thinking out loud.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|