View Single Post
Old 11.07.2016, 11:05 AM   #19836
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I am SO glad you liked Cabin in the Woods. Totally unsurprised, since you have excellent taste in these things and you like Whedon, and Cabin is pretty much the most Whedon thing ever Whedoned... but still super glad.

I didn't know what I was getting when I first watched it. Thought it was just going to be another Evil Dead rip a la Cabin Fever, and so on. I guess at the time I didn't fully understand Joss Whedon, what makes him Joss Whedon. I thought Firefly was just an accidentally excellent Star Wars rip, and I'd never seen any Buffy or Angel (still haven't).

It was Cabin that made me aware of Whedon's brilliance and champion of the comedy-cum-epic. Rewatching Firefly after seeing Cabin, I realized just how good it was, and the Serenity movie helped a lot with that too. He's done a good job at Marvel, but his true talents shine when he's working with original characters and riffing on American pop culture sensibilities.

I still haven't seen much Buffy or Angel. Seems like those would be guaranteed to suck, but maybe I'm wrong.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|