View Single Post
Old 11.07.2016, 10:41 AM   #19834
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yesterday i finally watched THE CABIN IN THE WOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Spooky and horrifying at times sure, but mainly I laughed so hard-- especially at the end ha ha ha ha.

LOVED seeing Buffy/Angel's mythology taken a step further, plus all the echoes of themes in those shows (The Initiative, for one, Wolfram & Hart on the other, even some Dollhouse). I mean--classic Whedon. But on steroids.

It's so good I want to see it again right away, but I'm going to wait because I want to get more of its references--Hellraiser appeared to be one of them but I haven't seen that. Luckily luckily luckily I had just seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre or I would have missed the whole gas station thing. The Evil Dead was clearly all over this #1. My wife picked up on Children of the Corn (the phone speeches). Shit is brilliant. Brilliant. Greatest movie enjoyment of the season. A blast.

Ok you're in for a really weirdo treat with Hellraiser. Watch the second one too. But for the love of god stop there. PROMISE ME YOU'LL STOP THERE!!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|