View Single Post
Old 11.05.2016, 09:17 PM   #19829
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
for halloween i watched the 2011 the thing prequel. i thought it was pretty good. i'm going to admit the primary reason i watched it was for mary elizabeth winstead. then i rewatched carpenter's. wow what a classic! kurt russel need to come back. we miss you.

I kinda think it might be happening. He was in The Hateful 8 after all, and I think he's lined up to be in some Marvel film in the near future.

Yeah though, Carpenter's original The Thing is a goddamn masterpiece. I love that it's actually, indisputably terrifying in parts. It also does a handy job of mixing the subtleties of classic '50s horror gems with the grotesque prosthetic flashiness of the best '80s gross-outs. The ultimate effect is chilling and fucking brilliant.

The Thing would be on my top 10 horror films of all time list if I ever made one. Guaranteed. Possibly even better than the original Alien.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|