View Single Post
Old 11.04.2016, 10:21 AM   #1541
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Two Hillary signs with a red X across the name. These have popped up across the street because a row of simple Trump signs doesn't get the message across, I guess. Where did they get the signs, by the way? I know for a fact the office has been out for a while.

____

Pointless prediction: she wins electoral, loses popular and her "legitimacy" will be questioned her entire term.

That happened W. as we all know, and though yeah his legitimacy was questioned, he went on to serve two terms. And now, all these years later, talking about his loss of the popular vote prompts little more than an eye roll in response.

Family Guy has a semi-running joke about Brain — who knows nothing but political buzz words — bitching about Bush's win and making an ass of himself. Just a stupid cartoon, but it does seem to have a finger on the pulse of the country much of the time.

Still, Trump winning the popular vote isn't really comparable to Gore. If a majority of the nation's voters choose Trump, that means a majority of the nation's voters are completely unhinged. I mentioned rioting in the streets before, and this scenario (Hillary winning the electorate, Trump the popular) is one of the ways I can see that happening. Unlike Gore in '00, a Trump loss after a popular vote win would place a live grenade in the hands of a nation of morons with no fear or apprehension about going apeshit crazy and mobbing out.

Would be great if this didn't happen and HRC won both.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|