View Single Post
Old 10.20.2016, 06:57 PM   #1296
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
considering the version of healthcare reform passed was basically the Newt Gingrich plan and not the one America actually needed and how its hard to really categorize the past 8 years of a dozen military operations oversees as dovish i dare say the two party system didn't accomplish much

Obamacare did get quite butchered, it's true. I know Obama needed to get re-elected, and as a result had a host of proverbial guns pointed at his head, but he allowed the premise of the plan to be perverted by making it essentially a federally curated "marketplace" filled with private companies.

One step forward, and several steps.. well, if not back then definitely to the side. It could have been something much greater. It is essentially a giant bureaucratic kerfuffle. A mess, and a headache to millions. But a lot of people have coverage who didn't qualify for it before. That's positive. What sucks is that the expanded Medicaid is given out and taken away at the drop of a hat, making it so nobody can rest easy about this coverage.

Single pay all the way. Needs to happen. I know this has been an issue close to Hillary's heart since before she was First Lady.

What I do like about Hillary is what so many fragile democrats and idealistic progressives hate about her. She's a wolf. Essentially, she's a democrat with a republican's ethics, ubafraid to do whatever is necessary to put her ideas into action. This makes her rather vile, sure, but her ideas are (God, I want to just say BETTER and, like, NOT FUCKING INSANE, but I'll just go with...) "more in line with my own," and I'm tired of seeing weak knees democrats get smeared and beaten down, either in elections or in the public eye, because they're not willing to fight like the Repos.

I feel like I'm going to regret saying all of this in a few minutes but whatevs.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|