View Single Post
Old 10.08.2016, 03:40 PM   #19728
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Agree about Dracula.
It's based on a stage production which helps explain the general staginess of it all. The scenes in the castle are its saving grace, done by Karl Freund, who funnily enough worked a lot with Lang. So it's a key film regarding Hollywood's absorption of German Expressionism, but by no means the best.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh.....

this all makes sense--thanks for that info-- i had no idea

i mentioned lang because the first that came to mind as contrast was spies which makes such great use of closeups and cutaway shots as opposed to this. the germans were closer grammatically to the soviets i suppose.

anyway-- reanimator was a lot of fun!

i might watch zombies in the snow next... what's the name of it... DEAD SNOW. bhaa haaa haaa.

for later the rest of mulholland drive and probably HIGH TENSION. which is presumably a sexy slasher if i go by the cover.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|