View Single Post
Old 10.08.2016, 10:14 AM   #19726
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I love bits of it but Lugosi always comes across as a slightly creepy head waiter.
yeah my big problem with him in this movie is that he acts like in a silent movie. like that lady in 'sunset boulevard" ha ha ha. norma... something.

also it was too much like filmed theatre, not just the way the lines were delivered (by everyone, which points the finger at the director), but too many wide shots and very little film language proper. compare to fritz lang in the same era.

tod browning would go on to make the amazing FREAKS though, so all is forgiven.

i love the way the set was lit. except for the hilarious spotlights on dracula's eyes, i though the lighting people did a bangup job creating a spooky atmosphere in both dracula's castle and the sanatorium's balcony.

--

last night watched half of MULHOLLAND DRIVE. it's really great but i was tired and had to turn it off. will pick it up tonight, but this morning it's REANIMATOR.

since there is no futbol.

btw did you watch italy/spain? great 2nd half.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|