View Single Post
Old 10.06.2016, 09:56 AM   #286
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Really, it's very hard for me to listen to a record with the Pixies' name on it, and feel disappointed. I feel like I'm betraying something sacred. But ultimately it doesn't alter my opinion of the Pixies one bit. They're probablt never going to put out anything that floors me again, but they don't really need to.

And it's got to be damn near impossible for a band like this to give it another go and be truly successful. Many have tried, few have succeeded. When GY!BE came back in 2012, I thought they'd brought it pretty hard. But looking back, something was just missing, not necessarily from the music, but from the environmental ingredients that made their formative albums so great.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|