View Single Post
Old 09.17.2016, 11:44 AM   #19585
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

Jungle Book (2016)

You know, I don't think I read a SINGLE bad review about this movie. Some of them were almost reverent. I think one review suggested it should be considered for Best Picture at the Academy Awards.

And yet... It was basically just the Disney cartoon told with not-quite as cartoony characters.

I mean, visually it was pretty amazing. I liked the ridiculously large animals that defy the laws of nature. That was fun. And Shere Khan has always been a favorite villain of mine. It was cool watching him smack the shit out of entire wolf packs, bears and panthers like they were toys. And the kid was cute. Maybe he'll even learn how to act some day!

But really, after the promising trailer, it was pretty mediocre. I can't believe they kept some of the songs in there. Christopher Walken's take on Louis Prima was ... lacking. Embarrassing even.

Oh well. Fun enough for a kids movie. No major complaints. I just don't think it deserves all that critic jizz.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|