View Single Post
Old 09.17.2016, 02:07 AM   #252
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
I'm actually really surprised by how much I'm liking ultra, I mean I understand goodman isn't going to put out anything subpar but I had really given up on zomby after with love (which was an utter fucking slog of a record in the worst possible way) and heard his last 12"s out and was appalled by how utterly lazy they were -- mind, dedication and to a lesser extent where were u were great, as was the nothing 12". but ultra is pretty much everything I had ever hoped for/ultimately never expected from zomby: really nuanced, developed ideas put together really delicately/thoughtfully. beautifully crafted melodies and overall structures that actually resolve themselves rather than fading out or just ending altogether. he's always been able to make really great sounds, especially for a club context, but this is just a whole other level, really happy with this one. sweetz fucking bangs.

hyperdub are truly on fire again at the moment, really excited for the hi:emotions record, hopefully he'll do the same thing and really capitalise on some insane talent as pretty ugly was a cool record but not that durable in hindsight.

///

the new d/p/i is indeed stunning, sad to see this project end as it's the best thing alex gray has done, real talent that guy.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|