View Single Post
Old 09.15.2016, 04:25 PM   #19565
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I bailed after three episodes of season 2.

But I think the first season is so powerful because we have no idea what's going on through the first half. One of them might even be the killer. It's confusing yet enthralling. Then things come together and happen to result in a lousy ending .

I thought the ending was a bit weak at first as well, but I think there's more going on than immediately clear. I think we're supposed to question the reality of the "happy" ending that the show gives us. I did. I found myself wondering if the last few minutes weren't just a hallucination as Rust was bleeding out on the floor of the cave.

Jesus though, that scene about ½ way through, when Rust inflitrates that Louisiana biker gang and the SWAT team comes torching it's way through that dilapidated neighborhood? DAMN. Some of the best filming I've ever seen. I don't remember if that's all a single shot, but I believe it is, and it puts Scorcese to shame. Goddamn thing should have won an Emmy for that 20 minutes alone. And it had virtually nothing to do with the greater story. Just a little detour into the fucking war zone in the middle of hell. Stunning really.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|