View Single Post
Old 09.13.2016, 06:48 PM   #19537
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
scary and and disturbing as fuck in spite of the poverty of means is what you missed by paying too much attention to the poverty of means itself.

Ok. I don't want to get involved at all in this argument and I'm not choosing sides in any way — been working for 12 hours, no time to read the whole exchange — but I have to say this little nugget right here is extremely important, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, Wicker Man prime is cheap, yeah it's corny in parts, yeah the acting is not great. But it does curl my nails. I haven't seen it in years, but it really fucked with me when I did see it. I'm genuinely not sure if it's considered a b-classic or just a b-movie in the states, but in the UK it's a cult flick, with good reason. There was some deeply unsettling shit in that film that left a lasting mark on me. That's the difference between it and other b-horror flicks.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|