View Single Post
Old 09.13.2016, 04:13 PM   #19527
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
really just stop being an asshole. no one is playing games but you. i would chock it up to a language barrier of some kind if this wasn't a long term trend with you

i don't think it's a language barrier. i think it's you playing games.

for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
oh no, i "got it" just fine but i still think it sucks. you did realize, i know its amazing but true, that people can understand art without liking it yes? l

in that section you're implying that i'm claiming that you or others don't understand art

this is of course bullshit and games.

because i believe that a person can understand art, even be a professional art person, and miss the point of an artist or artworks, without this being a condemnation of their capacities.

this happens all the time and all over history. missing the point of a work of art (or bad art, or whatever) is not a failure that condemn's one's being.

it's just some shit that happens every day and nobody should feel alarmed for it, nor trying to pretend that they get the point of everything.

so yes, i think that you missed the point of wicker man, but that doesn't mean that you are incapable of understanding art or that everyone should like the same thing

in saying that you understood the film and still disliked it, however, you didn't say "this is what i understand and this worked/didn't work for me".

instead you made up a scenario about me disparaging your mental faculties and your understanding of art, and proceeded to cry foul

this is games, friend. this is avoiding the issue and making up a straw man to tear it down.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|