View Single Post
Old 09.03.2016, 10:29 AM   #19465
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hulce worked for me even if i never heard of, or saw him, or noticed him after that. so maybe he's not a great actor. but the brattiness worked for this role because the whole point was to show how easily things came to him, and by contrast how hard they were for salieri. it's supposed to be grating. it's salieri's point of view.

I was genuinely starting to wonder if you knew something about this movie that I didn't. But nope.

Quote:
the movie is really about salieri--his envy, jealousy, frustration and growing hate.

This is almost exactly how I put it. Different words, mostly... I said jealousy, greed, a childish refusal to let go of ego-driven grudges. But these are unnervingly similar considering the your insistence that I don't know anything about the film. I am simply mystified.

Of course the film is about Salieri's envy. God, there really was no point at any of this.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|