View Single Post
Old 09.03.2016, 08:35 AM   #19460
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You're definitely not seeing straight on this one. You may not like Severian's dismissal of Amadeus, but to suggest that he's somehow 'unequipped' to criticise it is patronising in the extreme, whether you meant it like that or not.

i wasn't trying to be patronizing, just rude. was meant more as a "shut the fuck up", but... personalized

Quote:
It also elevates the film and the maker way above their actual level.
a rhetorical fluorish in the service of picking a fight. maybe.

Quote:
For me Amadeus represents the very worst kind of middlebrow cinema, which of course is exactly the kind that the Academy and the broadsheet critics love. I'm only surprised you could feel so inspired to lash out over it the way you have.

it wasn't amadeus that inspired me!

sometimes people get on my nerves

(but of course the movie had a role in this)

as for the discussion of the film proper, would be great to separate it from the criticism of my actions to avoid muddling things--like if amadeus is objectively good i'm justified and if it's objectively bad i'm not justified. the movie and my actions are not the same thing and there is no transitive property here.

but only if you want to actually talk about the film though. otherwise it's an empty exercise.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|