View Single Post
Old 08.11.2016, 11:09 AM   #48078
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to the new Twin Peaks album yesterday just because I felt like hearing some rock type stuff. I was thoroughly uninterested in it based on every review I read. Made it sound like a super basic indie rehash of CCR, The Stones, Neil Young. Which it absolutely is. There is a black hole sucking up all the inventiveness in rock these days. But I still enjoyed what I heard. I think I liked the first track best after a cursory breeze though on Apple Music.

Nothing to write home about. Nothing, even, to really write about, period. But it was catchy enough that it might end up being something I return to.

Put on Sebadoh before the album was half over though. That's the problem with rock type stuff that pulls from familiar sources that were already pulling from familiar sources to begin with. You hear it, and you think, "Fine, fine, but if I want to hear this I have about a thousand tried and true albums I could listen to already."

People are saying 2016 is some monumental music year, but aside from a handful of great releases, I've been pretty bored by a majority of the output on all fronts. I haven't purchased so few albums in an 8 month period since... I honestly can't remember when.

I'm frustratingly bored by just about everything around me right now. Music, films, books, it's all just regurgitated crap.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|