View Single Post
Old 08.07.2016, 10:59 AM   #48067
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
^ I've always been an advocator of NYCGF! one of the best SY albums. love it and could never think what the assholes critics were thinking. shit is tight! sometimes the production is an issue with me but I've never thought they've released a bad album. Washing Machine is stiff to me. no matter. best band eva of course!

I only really remember the infamous Pitchfork 0.0 review, for which an official apology was later printed in the New York Times. I don't recall reading, like, a bunch of negative reviews, but I know that Pitchfork one was just absurd, and managed to do some damage all by itself. Crock of shit.

It's not my favorite SY album, but it definitely has its place in the mythos. "Free City Rhymes" is one of my all time top ten Sonic Youth songs, and is just plain perfect.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|