View Single Post
Old 07.22.2016, 03:41 PM   #4347
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've tried so hard to get into Clive Barker but apart from a couple of short stories in the Books of Blood series I really can't get what all the fuss is about. I don't think I've ever managed to even finish any of his novels. Stephen King can be infuriatingly hit and miss but I've loved enough of his books to consider myself a fan.

I'm not questioning its validity, I just think he presents it far more interestingly in his fiction

barker is like the Gabriel Garcia Marquez of modern horror/fantasy.. its dense but what makes it good is the depth of character development and the sheer surreality of the plot and setting. he perfectly blends very mundane settings with insane twists. and when he goes for horror, its truly horrific.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|