View Single Post
Old 07.06.2016, 07:05 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is why i live in California. sure we have our share of uninsured unlicensed rogues BUT we have some of most strict DUI laws and they are readily enforced. we don't have a "right" to drive in California it is most definitely a well regulated privilege

you chose to live in california cuz of traffic stats? i thought you were born and raised there!

but anyway yeah i looked at stats looks like low mortality, like 6th or 7th from the bottom.

DC beats everyone else though-- but DC is way walkable. i miss that shithole. though it no longer exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
if a programmer was a drunk moron and somehow got to the level of programming autopilots on cars, there would be so much time for double checking, peer review and maybe even open source detective work that the flaws would not pass, or would be caught early. also the code can self improve with all the constant feedback generated from each journey taken in the entire fuckin world. also real time systems that talk to other cars on the road and can monitor everything live will eliminate most threats. if something bad happens the car in front of you will have already sent notification that its happening to your cars system which can self correct.

yes. and also, as i said, LAWSUITS. the great equalizer. more or less anyway.

when you sue a poor idiot driver who fucked your life, you can't get any money even if you win. and insurance has low legal limits ($50K liability gets you on the road in my state--but a lot of people don't fucking bother. so one is fucked.)

but when you sue a car company... well....

http://www.aboutlawsuits.com/gm-settlement-fund-67181/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|