View Single Post
Old 07.06.2016, 11:44 AM   #60
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
well, I actually would not. robot (with "back doors") programmed by some distracted dipshit, drunk, straight-up moron behind the keyboard :-)

oh yes ha ha ha-- that is also a possibility

but it's less likely because of DEEP POCKETS

any company fucking up on that scale is bound to get sued for bazillions. like volkswagen.

meanwhile, an uninsured drunken bastard without a pot to piss in gets into the highway the wrong way, cripples a family of 6, and after saying "oooops" maybe goes to jail as if that was a reparation-- it's not.

the tesla that crashed by the way did so because of human negligence. the guy liked to "test" his toy and make videos of it instead of keeping his hands on the wheel and following the instructions. computer assisted driving is not the same as a self-driving car. the guy knew this but YOLO i guess.

there are some 40,000 deaths from car accidents in the united states every year.

and i'm not saying let's eliminate driver's licenses completely, but we can easily have 2 tiers on the road.

-1 tier of highly trained, well-tested drivers with demonstrated skills ---> this is not what we have right now, at least in 'merica, where practically any turtlehead is guaranteed the "right" to drive, even with a record of multiple drunk diving offenses

-1 tier of people transported around by robotic pack mules because they want to/need to/ or because they're shitty drivers or because they want to watch movies and text their friends and eat hamburgers while riding or because they're too fucking drunk/high/asleep to operate a vehice or any other number of reasons where it's better to trust a machine than someone who is either incapacitated, incompetent, or doesn't give a shit
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|