View Single Post
Old 06.10.2016, 09:27 PM   #2202
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
New Kodak Black tape, drops tomorrow (I think).

Honestly the cover art had me interested. Kid is pretty dope, he kinda sounds like a Carter 1-era Wayne and Gucci Mane hybrid.

When the hell is Birds in the Trap gon' drop? That's what I wanna know.

Also: have you by any chance revisited Pablo since agreeing to do so?

If not (or if so, whatever) make sure you listen to that shit in these two essential environments:
1. In the car with a decent system and the audio settings tweaked to bring out the bass but with the mid and treble still quite high.
2. On headphones ... I didn't listen to the "final" mix on headphones until fairly recently, and there's a whole lot of shit going on that's easy to miss if you listen any other way. For instance, I didn't realize until, like, the day before yesterday, that "Famous" contains a recurring sample of Nina Simone's "I've loved you better than you're own kin did... I just wanted you to know" playing on loop throughout pretty much the entire song. It's extremely soft and subtle and actually damn near impossible to notice unless you're paying attention, but it really has a powerful overall effect. Throughout the bam-bam section, Nina's singing away in a ghost whisper loop at the very bottom of the track, and it's almost revelatory when you notice it. It's like it puts a sheen on the song, and keeps the whole thing grounded despite its fragmented parts.

I don't think this effect was in the early versions. But it's there, mark my words. And it's glorious.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|