View Single Post
Old 05.14.2016, 07:34 PM   #1952
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! I do like it better than untitled unmastered as well.

It's the goddamn definition of off the goddamn chain!!!

My gut reaction is to say it's better even than Acid Rap, which I believe is among the best albums (I'm not calling it a mixtape, not when it's THAT good) of the decade.

The first 4 songs are just fucking non-stop brilliance. It's like he's actually beating me over the head with awesomeness. In this, it reminds me a great deal of TLOP, which I think was an obvious source of inspiration for this. But it also has some of the most exuberant and ecstatic beats and production that have appeared on a major project since Gradu-fucking-ation.

(Really, tell me "No Problem" doesn't remind you of "The Glory" ... or at least bring it to mind..)

Not saying it's an imitation. I'm saying it's fucking BEAUTIFUL.

Part of me wishes Chance would "sell out" and get a record deal, because he's the only rapper I've ever encountered who I truly believe could be another Kanye. But he's on his own path, and he's certainly a shot-caller.

This record makes me bounce back and forth between elation and tearfulness the same way Pablo does. It's SO MUCJ better than I ever expected, and I was expecting pretty awesome shit, so that's saying a lot.

And the record covers so much ground, sonically and stylistically. It's got gospel, it's got a little trap, it's oozing soul and there are streaks of jazz and EDM and neo-soul and rock and pop and .... Blah!

This is what I think is missing in so much of today's hip hop. Positivity, fun, chaos, goofiness, variety. This is what I want to hear.

It's like Chance made the anti-VIEWS. A colorful, vibrant album about his home town, but instead of floating around inside his own brain (like Drake does in his asshole), it's like Chance is casting flood lights outward, onto the people of the city and beyond, out to rest of the world and into space and into heaven.

It's just incredible. I can't say enough about it, really.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|