View Single Post
Old 05.13.2016, 05:10 PM   #120
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Radiohead is boring and has always been masters of the boring and they will likely be voted into RnR hall of fame before The Cure, The Smiths, and a dozen other Brit acts that deserve it much more.....because boring sells

Radiohead has a really fucked up love hate relationship with boring. I remember in the late '90s, Radiohead was essentially considered the antithesis of boring by alternative rock fans. Radiohead was what people who called Peal Jam boring listened to and jizzed their pants over.

They have the ability to be almost unfathomably boring, it's true. Have you ever listened to "Black Star?" I'll bet there are a few loyalists here who will still stand by that pure loaf of shit song, but it achieves levels of boringness that are usually reserved for the Vertical Horizons and Third Eye Blinds of the world. It's just fucking TERRIBLE.

On the other hand, if you think "Idioteque" is boring, you're high. "kid a" (the song) is so non-boring and sublime that it boggles the mind. And who in their right mind would say "Myxoma-motherfucking-tosis" is boring? What? Not so. Simply not so.

But several tracks on this new one are boring as hell. It's like 50% aural ambien and 50% greatness. But to say that Radiohead is, as a whole, boring is pretty fucking absurd in my opinion.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|