View Single Post
Old 05.05.2016, 09:10 PM   #1878
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I am a fan of RHCP. I mean, the 80's/90's stuff I love. The stuff post-Californiacation I like. But DM producing could certainly be interesting. I'll be giving it some listens for sure.

You're about my age tho - I mean, you don't like Blood Sure Sex Magic or Californiacation?

I wasn't hating on ya man. I honestly feel no hatred for the RHCP's themselves. It's more the way they're represented in the media, and the way many of their fans act (like douchebags forever stuck in the first semester of college, which they probably dropped out of after said semester, or never attended at all).

I just don't even bat an eye when I read about them anymore. I have fond memories of their '90s output, kinda like my fond memories of Pearl Jam's '90s output, only to a much, much lesser degree.

For what it's worth, I will probably always listen to "Breaking the Girl" and "My Friends" when they come on the radio.

Anthony is the worst singer I've ever seen, though. Guy makes Kanye West (sans autotune!) look like D'Angelo. They should have stayed in the LA club, borderline punk community, rather than becoming the generation x Aerosmith.

But I ain't hatin. Promise. Nothing but love for you and your musical picks. I still carry a bit of a torch for plenty of bands from that era.

At the very least, it must be said that RHCP is and always has been better than Smashing Pumpkins and Stone Temple Pilots.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|