View Single Post
Old 05.05.2016, 05:41 PM   #1877
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Kanye West Says ‘Closet Racism’ Was to Blame for Taylor Swift’s 2009 VMA Win
http://www.etonline.com/news/188048_..._2009_vma_win/

And I must ask.. WHY IS HE STILL TALKING ABOUT THAT?

I don't know why he's still talking about it, but I pretty much agree.

I think the same thing is true for Taylor v. Kendrick at the Grammys. In what fucking universe is 1984 album of the year over To Pimp a Butterfly? Seriously? Nothing against Swift here, but you'd have to be mad to think Kendrick wasn't absolutely robbed.

Face it: white model writes her own (super basic, exceedingly simple) songs and gets tons of praise for being an artist. Kendrick Lamar writes his own songs, and they're neither basic nor simple, and manage to unite an entire people against police brutality despite being rhythmically and thematically challenging, and somehow Taylor's "achievement" counts for more? HOW!?

Same with Bey in '09 on a much smaller scale. Single Ladies is an infinitely better and more original song than whatever that Romeo and Juliet piece of trash Taylor wrote. It ignited the country, turned into a (somewhat backwards) feminist anthem, and the video makes me hungry for dark meat (sorry, but it really does make me want to eat Beyoncé and drink her sweat).

It was a celebration of blackness, of womanhood, of big, beautiful thighs... and its production was pristine and immaculate. Yet Taylor won because she wrote her own shitty lyrics?

I think racism is fucking everywhere. Kanye may be off his rocker, but that stunt predicted #Oscarsowhite just like "George Bush doesn't care about black people" predicted #BlackLivesMatter.

He may be crazy, but he's not fucking wrong.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|