View Single Post
Old 03.28.2016, 04:32 PM   #1273
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
HIS NAME IS BIGGIE SMALLS

That kind of sets himself up for it no?

I mean Big Pun, Fat Joe, Heavy D, the list goes on and on and on.....

never mind. That period in mainstream hip hop just killed me. I fucking hate when a song is nearly exactly sampled note for note for a full track, and Puff Daddy fucking made that shit be the standard for a decade. Fuck that motherfucker....

That was puff not biggie. Be fair now.
Biggie's records had puff all over them, but you're talking about Puff Daddy and the Family. All those singles that just stole from Duran Duran, the Police, David Bowie, Grabdmaster Flash, etc. yeah, those were shit.

But hey, "mo money mo problems" holds up. That was a Biggie track. It only used the sample for the hook and it was damn infectious. Rolling Stone recently voted it the #2 song of the '90s (which even I can't wrap my head around), second only to "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Anyway, I know Puff is terrible in every way, but I still love the production on "Juicy." That song was... (sigh) my jam... back in the day. I have so many blurry memories of my friends throwing that shit on just for me, while I was riding around with them, getting into trouble. No matter how fucked up I was, that song perked me right up, and I'd rap along to it like a goddamn fool.

We're all entitled to our own opinions. To not like him is legit, to say he's not influential is just silly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|