View Single Post
Old 03.28.2016, 10:18 AM   #1265
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Fuck Biggie, fuck Pussy Daddy, fuck all that shit ass CRAP. I fucking hated it then and I hated it now. fucking lame ass rhymes about a fat ass how he used to sell crack and now he lives all large and shit eating 10,000 calories a day to maintain his fat fucking fat assss......

Re - Notorious BIG: ok, fine, you don't like either. But why the hell does his weight have to come up? Both you and SFAD call him a fat ass, as though it's somehow not extremely clear to everyone that he was a big man. He named himself the Notorious BIG for fuck's sake! He was also had a lazy eye. Should we be talking about that? Does that have something to do with his skills as an emcee? What about his general, overall ugliness, which he was also quite aware of... What about that shit?

Was 2pac good because he looked like a caramel angel? Fuck no. Cover him on warts and pimples and give him a spare tire and he'd still be an incredible rapper.

It's fine if you don't like BIG, but it's pretty juvenile to act as though his weight has anything to do with anything. Wiz K and Young Thuh are super skinny. Does that ever factor in to our discussions about them? You're both way too smart to say such stupid things, Rob and SFAD.

If you want to argue that Notorious BIG was not an influential rapper, why don't you talk about why that's the case, in the context of his music and the music that followed? There are a lot of fat musicians, thin musicians, ugly and pretty musicians, but since we're, y'know, not high school kids, I tend to think we're capable of discussing music in a way that doesn't devolve into childish insults.

Also, y'all are two of the only "rap fans" I've ever encountered who don't think BIG's influence is a thing so obvious it doesn't even need to be discussed. Even before he died, he was goddamn huge. I'd actually have to say from memory that he had a more immediate impact on rap than 2pac did. You can hear him in every important rapper of the last decade and the decade before that. Kendrick (despite being more of a 2pac man himself), Joey Bada$$, YG, Action Bronson, Schoolboy Q...

Fuck it. You guys feel however you want. Pop culture history disagrees with you, and I'm personally disappointed by your weak and petty arguments. Big pun was fat. Ghostface is fat. Eazy E was fat. Dre used to be fat, after he was a "she-thang," and before he became a super weird looking freshly skinny dude. If you're gonna make the conversation about weight, you don't deserve to take part. You're better than that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|