View Single Post
Old 03.04.2016, 10:09 PM   #999
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, Wayne actually sounds pretty energized on Collegrove. I'll say that much after a cursory preview.

But who the hell told Wayne to go all auto-tone all the time? I swear, there's more robo shit in the snippets I just heard than in all the Kanye records from the past eight years! What's he thinking? It sounds really bad. It sounded bad on his 808's cameo, and it still sounds bad. It just doesn't flow well or fit with the sound of his voice. That ragged, searing, "I've narrowly avoided killing myself countless times and I will continue to almost kill myself because THUG LIFE" thing is what Weezy's always been about. He's not a transcendent post-genre rapper. He's a dirty south pothead rapper. He needs to take the autotune out. It works for Kanye, who uses it pretty sparingly, and to awesome effect, but 2 Chainz sounds far better that Wayne on this record from what I've heard so far.

Just spilling thought juices right now.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|