View Single Post
Old 03.04.2016, 09:27 PM   #997
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
So why do I dig on Lil Uzi Vert so much? Philly is goin hard.....

All My Chains
https://youtu.be/5gk_sGgZtGs

To my ears and mind these rappers I have been listening to over the past few months that you guys have turned me on to have the energy and wanton disregard for "genre" and "musical rules" that I associate with the best of the punk and underground rock music I grew up with. To hear 2Chains go off on a beat that is just 4 piano notes, heavy drop bass, and handclaps.... That shit seems like what Hip Hop was originally.

Oh yeah that new 2 Chainz came out today! Funny, I thought (from Kanye's post about it that I read about on pitchfork) that it was going to be a fucking Kanye-related project, but I glanced at the liner notes online and didn't see a single reference to him and he's not on any of the tracks.

I have some love for 2chainz though. And I'm always hoping in the back of my mind that Wayne will "come back" (back to the land of things that don't suck and music that is interesting), so I will probably check the album out, but I'm a bit baffled by its premise.

2Chainz with Wayne tats in a Mos Def tribute pose? With no Wayne on the album? Just as a featured artist on some of the tracks? By the cover you'd think it was like Madvillainy or something... a half and half kind of thing. But instead it seems to be a 2chainz album that's ⅓ lil Wayne and 0% Kanye. I ... Don't get it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|