View Single Post
Old 03.02.2016, 11:35 AM   #958
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I was listening to "Gone" from LR so much last week (both the studio version with Cam'ron and the Late Orchestration version with just Cons) that I got all nostalgic and dug out my copy of Cam's Purple Haze, and bought consequence's Don't Quit Your Day Job! Both albums are quite good, if a little (ok, a lot, especially in Cam's case) heavy on the skits.

I'm so glad skits are over. They made rap albums so hard to listen to and take seriously as *albums* because you were always having to skip forward. At the best of times they were funny ONCE, or in the case of "Method Man" they turned into something more than a skit and ended up helping to define the artist. But goddamn, if Late Reg. didn't have skits on it, that album would be a solid 10.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|