View Single Post
Old 03.01.2016, 05:42 PM   #947
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
im gonna be honest with you guys. most black guys I know do not flat out like Kanye West. most of them are my age or maybe a little younger who sorta love most hip hop.

i'll play Kanye for them and they're like " naw man, ain't feeling that shit". uh ok but, listen to this song....."naw man, turn that shit off". it could be of course that they're not that into music or hearing anything outside of radio. my friend Big Joe is like..."clint man, you listen to some out there shit".

now, I have met younger black kids that are extremely into him. weird.

yeah, I know a lot of black folks. not trying to come off as some naïve white guy but, Kanye is way more popular with the youngins.

uhm, just thought I throw that out there.

Yes I've noticed this as well. I used to live near several younger black folks and they would hang out with me and talk about rap, and they liked Kanye, but were more into whatever was hot right then.

Older black folks, from my experience, are polarized by Kanye. For good reason, many of them feel like he doesn't set a great example for black people. At the same time, plenty of people feel the opposite. Also, I've found, most people over a certain age don't listen to hip-hop. so I'm a little stunted developmentally, apparently.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|